Harrod Law Firm
Dan practiced law with his father from 1976 to 1981 in Eureka, IL. Later he became president of Harrod Law Firm in 1981. He also served as a Public Defender of Woodford County for 10 years as well as Legal Counsel for Illinois Sheriffs’ Association for 14 years. Dan became a Certified Mediator in family law in 2006.
Before Dan learned how to defend your legal rights in Illinois, he served his country. After completing U.S. Air Force pilot training at Laredo Air Force Base, Texas his charge was to be a fighter pilot with the Peoria Air Guard. A duty he performed honorably for over two decades. Lt. Col. Dan Harrod was honorably discharged from the Peoria Air Guard in 1988 as a Command Pilot.
Dan graduated both Eureka High School and Eureka College (B.A.). He then elected to continue his education at the prestigious John Marshall Law School (J.D.) located in Chicago, Illinois.
Proud of his Illinois heritage Dan is a big supporter of the local community in Eureka! He has or currently holds positions with the following organizations:
- Past Chairman of the Board, Peoria Area Civic Chorale
- Past President of Eureka Rotary Club
- Current board member and signing member of Peoria Area Civic Chorale
- Current member of Eureka Rotary Club
- Current member of Eureka American Legion Post 466
- Master of Ceremonies, Memorial Day Service in Eureka
- Charter Representative, Boy Scout Troop 57 in Eureka
- Deacon, Eureka Christian Church in Eureka
- Eagle Scout Board of Review